To stick with the theme of crazy Defender changes we’ve cooked up something that few thought was even possible. Defender now has a reload bar. Trident is another benefactor of this change and its fancy new bar even convinced Angler and Hacksaw to make the switch to Defender-style independent reloads.
Aside from the Defender we have mostly been working on polish, fixes and stability. Constructor movement is much improved with the application of raw move. The crash reporting system is working well as the engine seems to have become much more stable over the last few months. A noticeable performance boost should be noticeable thanks to the fixes for this ticket: https://springrts.com/mantis/view.php?id=5672.
- Removed weapon AoE [?]
- Movement speed 106.2 › 105 elmo/s
- No longer has to use all 4 missiles at once [?]
- Delay between individual missiles in a salvo 0.40 › 0.32 s
- Range 750 › 820 [?]
- No longer has to use both missiles at once [?]
- 100% faster vertical aim [?]
- 16% slower missile speed [?]
- No longer toggleable manually (still closes on damage)
Increased the footprints of some units. This reduces their ability to clump so whether it is a buff or a nerf depends on the situation.
- Roach, Tick, Flea and Skuttle footprint sizes increased to 2×2 (up from 1×1).
- Buoy, Hammer, Thug, Outlaw and Felon footprint sizes increased to 3×3 (up from 2×2).
- Added reload bars for the special reload system used by Defender and Trident (as well as, now, Angler and Hacksaw).
- Added a setting to remove non-terminating commands (guard and patrol) from constructor command queues when they have a command added to their queue. Guard orders now cancelled by further commands unless they are given just after Guard. Enabled by default, lives under under `Settings / Unit Behaviour`.
- Camera fast/slow movement can be bound as a hotkey in the misc hotkeys menu.
- Builders now take a straight path towards their repair/reclaim/construction targets (if possible) and are much less likely to become stuck. This behaviour is already present for move commands.
- Factories now draw an arrow indicating their exit direction. Drag the mouse to change their exit direction.
- Added an option to show build ETA for icons on strategic zoom.
- Added an option to set tooltip opacity.
- Waiting units now have an overhead icon to indicate that they are waiting.
- “catching up please wait” now shows server time and a more accurate ETA.
- Enemy resign votes no longer show vote buttons.
- Unit value lost/killed is now tracked by endgame graphs.
- Added an option to deselect units that start retreating (default enabled).
- Add an option to make retreating units treated as different selection rank (default enabled, rank 1).
- Units now obey direct orders when retreating – the unit is still considered retreating during that time (for selection rank override and icon purposes) and will resume retreating (potentially getting deselected) after it becomes idle.
- Roach, Tick, Skuttle models are 20% bigger. This change does not affect game mechanics. Flea is similarly 10% bigger.
- Replaced 2D tree sprites with 3D models on some older maps.
- Added boxes for Trojan Hills v03.
- Zombies now raise commanders from the dead.
- Fixed being unable to go back to the default camera if it was changed to another
- Fixed Smart Bombers disobeying manual fire state override
- Fixed tooltip overlapping the minimap when looking at ping on the default layout.
- Fixed a COFC free mode crash.
- Fixed a crash when killing a nanoframe and using old engine.
- Fixed double click attack move no taking into account mouse movement.
- Fixed teamcolors looking very similar.
- Fixed gesture menu with raw move.
- Fixed keep target with line move.
- Fixed Limpet using a weird metal chunk for wreck.
- Fixed Mace leaving a lingering green trail.
- Fixed a crash when a spectator moves to a player team (with cheats).
- Fixed many shader errors.
- Fixed bombers circling a target unable to reach it properly.
- Fixed Cobra aiming from hunched position (potentially thinking it’s blocked).
- Fixed Flea burrowing while attacking.
- Fixed a chicken queen morph crash.
- Fixed Stardust not prioritising close enemies.
- Fixed construction at zero storage when on a team of players who are also constructing.
- Fixed cases where very low income (eg from just a factory) would not be spendable without storage.
- Fixed Pylon and Zenith tooltip description not updating.
- Fixed disabled economy units income icons not updating.
- Fixed some cases where missile OKP failed to work against rapidly incoming enemies
- Fixed killed nanoframe debris tooltip showing full value.
- Fixed Engineer commander failing to shoot at very close targets.
- Fixed weapon lights rendering.
- Fixed crashing unit translations.
- Fixed shield colours.
- Fixed Circuit AI to obey unit disabling.
- Fixed Crude player list showing dead teams as alive.
- Fixed tactical AI getting stuck on useless targets such as Solars.
- Fixed Engineer commander and Infiltator spider having bad walk animations.