Commanders are now more powerful and rush-resistant in the early game with a better Peashooter and more health. The health buff is reduced at higher levels and turned into a nerf if you stack too many speed modules. Commanders also have a stealth buff with the Racketeer cost increase.
There are many interface features/fixes in this version with the most noticeable being the new tab playerlist. The layout of the playerlist is still a work in progress. Recent work outside the game has been on getting planetwars running as well as a singleplayer galactic conquest campaign.
- Increased Peashooter DPS by 14%.
- Peashooter is now better at hitting raiders.
- Starting health increased by ~800. This increase is reduced to ~400 by level 6. Details below.
- Speed module (+10% speed) now costs 100 health.
Base health per level before the change:
- Strike: 2500 – 2500 – 3000 – 4000 – 5000 – 6000
- Recon: 1650 – 1650 – 2100 – 2600 – 3100 – 3600
- Support: 2000 – 2000 – 2500 – 3000 – 3700 – 4500
- Guardian: 3000 – 3000 – 3800 – 4900 – 6000 – 7200
Base health per level after the change:
- Strike: 3200 – 3200 – 3800 – 4600 – 5500 – 6400
- Recon: 2400 – 2400 – 2800 – 3200 – 3600 – 4000
- Support: 2800 – 2800 – 3400 – 3800 – 4500 – 5000
- Guardian: 3600 – 3600 – 4400 – 5500 – 6600 – 7600
- Cost 350 -> 380
- Now run out of range of short ranged turrets (not by default, since they are set to hold position and have tactical AI disabled by default).
- The Xivender thing should now be fixed thanks to an engine change by hokomoko https://github.com/spring/spring/commit/ab61e51448ce4fd81c34bb465f4eff2296603e3f
Reef and Shogun
- Footprint size 4×4 -> 10×10. This should make them less intimate with terrain and each other.
Heavy Tank Factory:
- Unfurls 4x faster to bring it in line with other factories.
- EMP and disarm now interrupt cluster bomb dropping (similar to Thunderbird).
- Slightly higher aim point. It is a little easier to hit.
Text to speech:
- Disabled by default (volume is set to zero).
- Disables itself during catchup.
Controls and hotkeys:
- Added binding for clear map marks.
- Removed Tab overlay hotkey.
- Tab now opens the new playerlist.
- Added another way to set terraform height. Hold Alt and click/scroll the mousewheel while placing a structure to set height.
- Reenabled hold to terraform structure by default.
- Enabled factory production hotkeys by default.
- Enabled safe alt factory queue insert by default.
Panels and layout:
- No storage energy warning now flashes on energy stall as well as excess.
- Fixed space+click on factory failing to bring up unit info.
- Fixed missing tooltip during structure placement.
- Left click to select on minimap setting is now remembered correctly.
- Improved terraform construction point visuals. Construction points now draw as icons that represent the type of terraform command corresponding to the point.
- Changed ‘self’ teamcolour from teal to green to aid recognition.
- Improved and moved some ally team colours.
- Improved performance of overhead icons, command drawing and certain wobbly sphere visuals (shield and singu).
- Singularity Reactor is now more shiny.
- Very easy chickens is now easier.
- Added a modoption to make water level control easier with options Manual, Dry and Flooded. The Dry and Flooded options automatically turn the map into a land or sea map respectively.
- Updated Circuit AI.
- Fixed various settings failing to apply, such as camera scroll speed and map drag speed.
- Removed some unused buildpics to save on filesize.
- Fixed a bug in which constructors are unable to repair while stalling high priority metal.
- Fixed wonky landing pad turn rates.
- Fixed Krow cluster bomb tag for AIs.